Despite only beginning this year in July, the Rose Bay Community Garden has gained an enormous amount of traction and is ready only three months after to host its GRAND OPENING this Saturday 25th October!!!
The campaign has been following the work of the dedicated garden members for a couple of months now via their Facebook, and through the help of a few dedicated people they have finally reached their objectives of creating a beautiful garden for the local community of Rose Bay and surrounds to have fun, socialise, learn, and of course grow fresh fruit and veggies 🙂
This Saturday will be such an exciting time for the gardeners and for the entire community as their will a plethora of things to do such as: meet Costa from Gardening Australia, have a sausage sizzle, play games, visit many stalls, have a peek at the Community Garage Sale, and OF COURSE take a look at the community garden and get involved!
With SO many things to do, means a lot of help is needed from 9am onwards in the form of a few different jobs.
If you’re handy in any of these areas that the Rose Bay Community Garden Facebook page has listed, please either email them on firstname.lastname@example.org or rock up on the day and help out in the following areas:
1. A photographer. Are you handy with a lens? Or a pro with your iphone? Please come take some photos for us! We want to be able to look back on this in a year’s time and say, “Wow! That was a fun party!”
2. A runner. Do you drive? We might need to get extra supplies on the day if hordes of people descend on us and we run out of snags or ice. We have no idea how many people to expect, so we may need someone to do a run to the shops.
3. People to help set it up. 9am start
4. People to help break it down. 5pm start
5. A number of stall helpers. There will be a cake stall, raffle station, seeds and seedling sale, t-shirts and cap stand, books stall, flower stall, garage sale, kids zone, barbecue, lemonade stall, that all need back up helpers. Let us know if you’re able to do a few hours.
6. A head counter. Just so we have an estimate of numbers of people.
7. Tables. If you have any trestle tables, please let us know. We may need one or two more.
8. If you’re baking a cake or cookies or a slice or whatever, please put a label on it, so people know what they’re getting.
Have a fantastic weekend!! 🙂
*Image: Courtesy of the Rose Bay Community Garden Facebook page